You can usually find healthy food options at community events if you know what to look for. Look for items falling in the following categories:
- Fruits (100% fruit juices, fresh, and frozen or canned in own juice or light syrup)
- Vegetables – non-fried without added sauces
- Whole Grains (breads/buns, cereals, pasta, popcorn, chips, etc.)
- Heart Healthy Fats (mono/poly unsaturated oils, lean cuts of meat, baked/grilled meats, etc.)
- Low-Fat and Fat Free Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.)
- Other – sugar-free options, baked chips, unsweetened tea, low-fat/fat-free salad dressings
Old Threshers – Look for the Healthy Choice decal at your favorite food vendor!