Immunization Clinic Hours
- Tuesdays 9 – 11 am
- Wednesdays & Thursdays 1 – 4 pm
- 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month 1 – 6 pm
No appointment necessary. COVID vaccines are now available during these clinic times (effective 1-3-23)
All childhood immunizations are available. Regular childhood vaccines are available for VFC (Vaccine for Children) eligible* children at no charge.
* VFC eligible children are 0-18 years of age who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in Medicaid
- Uninsured (have no insurance)
- Underinsured (have health care coverage but the benefit plan does not include coverage for immunizations)
Immunizations are needed before going into 7th and 12th grades.
Every year, human papillomavirus (HPV) causes approximately 31,500 cancers in the United States which includes an estimated 262 Iowans. The good news is over 80 percent of these cancers can be prevented with the HPV vaccine. Vaccinating adolescents now with HPV vaccine will provide protection throughout their lives.
A parent or guardian must accompany the child to sign permission forms prior to immunization.
Adult vaccinations include Hepatitis A and B, Pneumococcal, Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, Measles/Mumps/Rubella, Gardasil, Polio, Meningitis, Varicella, Shingrix and Flu. TB testing is also available.
Visit the CDC Traveler’s Health page for more information.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting the University of Iowa Travel & Tropical Medicine Clinic at 319-356-4252 or by contacting your local physician.